Why does workplace wellbeing matter? Whilst there is a common misconception that workplace wellbeing is only of value to staff, there's a wealth of research that confirms a correlation between a happy, content workforce and an organisation's bottom line.
• Each year 140 million working days are lost to sickness absence in the UK, costing UK employers an estimated £29 billion
• The financial cost to British Business of mental ill health is estimated at £26 billion per year
• Wellbeing programmes deliver an estimate ROI to UK business £4.17 for every £1 spent
• High staff turnover can incur huge recruitment and training cost, as well as lost revenue while new employees embed
• One in five people take a day off due to stress
• An employer who actively promotes wellbeing is eight times more likely to have employee engagement
• Promoting good health at work can see a 25-40% reduction in absenteeism